Road Commissioner

Deputy Trainque


Town Clerk


code and ordinances

land and real estate

meeting minutes


Town History

Waste Disposal

Events Calendar

The Town Clerk's Office

Town Clerk -Patricia Ramsdell
Deputy Town Clerk - Beverly Foss

The following is information on a variety of licenses and registration procedures and costs.

Vehicle Registration

New vehicle registrations and re-registrations can be obtained from the Town Offices without needing to go to the Maine Department of Motor Vehicles. To register a vehicle, you must have the vehicle identification number, the year, make, model, color, optional equipment, current mileage, and insurance card. For a new registration, you need from a dealer the Dealer's Certificate, and brand new vehicles need to present the Window Sticker and Application for Title. If from a private sale (from another person), you will need a Title on a 1995 or newer vehicle, and a Bill of Sale. New truck registrations with a gross vehicle weight of more than 6,000 may be registered at the Town Office, following the same procedures as above. Renewal of automobile registrations may be done online at http://www.informe.org/bmv/rapid-renewal.

Animal Control

Kaden Flynn, ACO

Kennebunk Animal Welfare Society
Visit our website at http://www.animalwelfaresociety.org/

Dog Licenses

To license a dog, a current State of Maine Rabies Certificate must be presented, along with a spaying certificate for spayed females and a neutering certificate for neutered males. The fee for unaltered dogs, male or female, is $11.00, and for altered animals the fee is $6.00. All dogs six months or older must be licensed each year, and licenses are due on January 1. A late fee of $25.00 is assessed after January 31st.

Concealed Firearms Permits

To obtain a concealed firearms permit or to renew a current permit you must contact the Maine State Police. You may call (207)624-7210 or visit their website at Maine Department of Public Safety.

ATVs, Boats and Snowmobiles

The Town of Limington can process first-time and renewal registrations for boats, ATVs and snowmobiles for its residents and non-residents. To process a first-time registration for any of the above recreational vehicles acquired through a dealer sale you will need the green Dealer's Certificate. If the recreational vehicle was acquired through a casual sale you will need a bill of sale, which should include the seller's name and address, year, make, model, VIN number, and sales price(You wil be charged 5.5% sales tax at time of registration). All boats expire December 31st and ATVs and Snowmobiles expire June 30th of each year. To renew online go to http://www.maine.gov/ifw/atv_snowmobile_watercraft/registration.htm.

Fish and Game Licenses

Resident fishing or hunting licenses may be obtained from the Town Clerk's Office. The cost is $27.00 per license. The cost of a Combination Fishing & Hunting License is $44.00. A Junior License may be obtained for any person ten years of age or older but less than 16 years of age for $9.00. Other licenses that may be obtained from the Town Clerk include:

To obtain a license online visit the State website at: http://www.maine.gov/ifw/atv_snowmobile_watercraft/index.htm.

Birth Certificates

may be obtained from the following sources:

  1. The city or town in which the child was born.
  2. The city of town in which the mother was living at the time of the birth.
  3. The State Department of Vital Statistics located in Augusta, Maine.

The fee for a Birth Certificate at the Town Office is $15.00 for the first copy, and $6.00 for each additional copy.

Marriage and Death Certificates

The Town Clerk's Office may issue copies of Marriage and Death Certificates that are on file in that Town. Certified copies are $15.00.

Marriage Licenses:

A Marriage License may be obtained from the Town Clerk's Office. The cost of a marriage license is $40.00. Marriage Licenses must be obtained in the town in which you reside. For persons previously married, a certificate must be presented indicating the dissolution of the former marriage. The application for a Marriage License is valid for 90 days from the date of issuance. Here is a link to the Marriage Intention application form. If you fill this out ahead of time it would be helpful. If you fill the intentions out and do not have access to a printer you may email them to the Town Office (limington@roadrunner.com) and we will print them off for you. Marriage Intention Application