SELECTMEN MEETING MINUTES
MAY 17, 2012
• Attendance: Selectmen –Darryl Hubbard, Bruce Rozett, and Raymond Cullen;
Ronald Phinney, Bonnie Lord, and Roxanne Herrick.
• Call to order at 7:00pm.
• Selectmen’s Minutes: Selectman Cullen made a motion to approve the minutes of the Selectmen’s Meeting for May 10, 2012, second by Selectman Rozett and vote unanimous.
• Approval of Warrant # 20: Selectman Rozett made a motion to approve Warrant #20: Appropriations: $206,960.85, Payroll: $4,805.39, for a total of $211,766.24, second by Selectman Cullen and vote unanimous.
Breakdown of Expenditures:
Art# 6: Town Officials $ 1,935.69
Art# 7: Payroll Taxes $ 974.18
Art# 8: Solid Waste Disposal & Recycling
Transfer Station Operations $ 136.19
Art# 10: Snow & Ice $ 370.30
Art# 14: Public Safety
Fire Dept $ 3,529.34
Art# 17: General Administration & Operations
Municipal Complex $ 151.55
Town Lighting $ 1,192.37
Office Supplies $ 19.38
Art# 19: MMDY Boat Excise $ 89.64
Art# 21: Limington Youth League
LYL Operations $ 77.22
Art# 26: CEO- mileage-supplies-classes $ 58.56
Art# 27: General Assistance $ 189.95
Art# 29: Public Access Cable $ 59.70
Art# 34: Veterans Grave Maintenance $ 294.36
MSAD 6 –School Assessment $ 194,772.16
Motor Vehicle Excise Tax to State $ 3,367.75
General Fund Balance as of 5/17/2012: $166,008.12.
• Purchase Order Requests:
• Old and New Business:
○ Rebid the sweeping of streets & intersections for 2012. Bids to be in by 2:00pm June 6th and opened 7:00pm June 7th.
Budget Meeting will be held at
○ Limington Youth League officer appointment approvals to cover a term of four months beginning April 19, 2012 to August 19, 2012. Selectman Cullen made a motion to appoint the following people to the Limington Youth League officers’ positions:
Mary Axelsen, President Linda Wakem, Secretary
Maureen McGlone, Treasurer Maureen McGlone, Player Agent
Mike Boardley, V.P. Baseball Mary Axelsen, V.P. Softball,
Lisa Grant, V.P. Soccer Jen Gagnon, Merchandise and Concession Mike Boardley, Field Maintenance Rose Linehan, Safety Officer.
Selectman Rozett mentioned these appointments are in response to the ordinance which was passed and
seconded the motion, and vote unanimous.
• Informational Bulletin:
○ General Assistance Office is opened on Monday and Tuesday’s from 3:30pm to 5:00pm. Selectman Rozett mentioned applications are available at the window anytime the office is open, but will be processed and evaluated on Monday and Tuesday between 3:30 and 5pm.
○ Transfer Station hours are Saturday’s from 9am to 4pm and Sunday’s from noon to 4pm.
○ Silver Bullets are behind the Municipal Complex in the Salt Shed parking area.
○ Limington Extension Yard Sales will be held Saturday, May 19th , 26th , and every dry
in June for 8am to 1pm at
items like paint, clothing and food, with hundreds of 25 cent items. New items every week and also a free section. Benefits BEHS Scholarships. FMI call 692-2989.
○ Olde Limington Day, Saturday, May 19th
from 9am to 2pm, rain or shine. This will be held at the Limington Historical
○ MMDY Spring Clean-up Day will be held Saturday, May 19th, beginning at 9:00am. The MMDYRAC was awarded 1 of 16 New England Pepsi Task Grants to provide 20-30 people to help with the spring clean up day. They also will provide $1,500 towards the cost of materials. It is hoped that there will be at least as many people participating from Limington as provided by the Pepsi grant.
• Meeting Open to Public
Bonnie Lord mentioned she hoped the Selectmen would go to the MSAD #6 Budget Meeting which will be held on a Thursday night and that the Selectmen will hold there Selectmen’s Meeting at another date and time.
• Adjourn: Selectman Cullen made a motion to adjourn at 7:15pm, second by Selectman Rozett.
Roxanne Herrick, Selectmen’s Assistant
Selectmen, Town of
Darryl Hubbard, Chairman