LIMINGTON PLANNING BOARD
MONDAY, June 11, 2012
PRESENT: JOYCE, DEBRA, JONATHAN, PETER, JEFF
OTHERS: RON, RICH LICHT
1. Captain Sandy Subdivision RE-Application – Rick Licht
Rick Licht: His goal is to get from a Tier 2 application to a Tier 1.
There are a number of vernal pools on the site, but all except two of them are unregulated by the State, because they were manmade. The Corps of Engineers is amenable to letting them put restrictions on one of the lots and trying to buy off the other vernal pool area.
Right now they have just over 18,000sf of wetland impact. There is no other way of getting to the project without a couple of wetland crossings. With a Tier 2, they have to fix degraded areas on the site or look for old skidder roads. Any skidder roads that cross a wetland seems to be in a vernal pool. Waivers were given by the board for 4’ shoulders and 2’ crossings. The ordinance is 3:1 for side slopes and the board gave a waiver for 2:1. He would like to reduce the waiver a little more to get the Tier 1 application. Would a 1.5:1 or 1:1 be acceptable?Roads Standards: Proposing a 2300 ft road way with a 50 foot right of way. Small wetland area at the crossing at the beginning of the road. 2 open spaces – 32 acres. Would like to reduce the road width at the wetland crossing. Would this be a minor street or a collector street?
Pete: At the end of
Joyce: Resubmit waiver requests to Ron. Have Cathy make copies of 2009 minutes.
Site walk to be done and Mr. Licht needs to be there. Will determine the site walk date at the July 9th meeting.
Waivers Requested: Joyce will type up and email the previous waivers.
Ron is concerned about the steepness of the roadsides. Needs to have a professional engineer’s stamp on it.
2. 1400 square foot addition to a building – Conditional Use Application – Did not show up.
Wants to take the (rented) buildings he has now and make them into hangar condominiums. Wants to turn the hangars into hangar condos (28 units total). Would also like to put the restaurant on a separate lot. It will have to be at least 1.5 acres. Okay to do, as long as the acreage is there. He will need to file it with Ron. The board will need to do a workshop to discuss what guidelines should be used – conditional use permit or subdivision
DEB: Why? Marmound – It will make it easier to have each building be owned individually.
JONATHAN: Are you planning on selling these? Marmound – Yes, there is some interest in it already. There will be easements and condominium fees.
JONATHAN: What is being done with the other hangars? Marmound – they are being rented.
PETE: How many planes will be stored in each unit? Marmound – One. They are approximately 1100 square feet.
JOYCE: If an owner wanted to change the use, they would have to go before the planning board.
He has already submitted the application. They have not written up the association rules yet.
JEFF: Who will own the responsibility if a plane leaks fuel?
JOYCE: Do you have an engineering plan? Marmoud – Yes
JONATHAN: Doesn’t think the word “condominium” is appropriate.
JOYCE; Sitewalk will be on 06/22/12 at 6:00. Public hearing will not be scheduled until they receive all the information that the board needs. They will let Ron know when they will be ready to give the board an update on their plans.
Motion to accept the application made by Jeff. Seconded by Pete.
Place ads in PPH and Shopping guide on the 20th. Send abutters notices.
The angle of the road coming in for the restaurant may have to be changed. They will have to review the ordinance and speak with Ron.
Aquifer Protection Zone:
Joyce suggests that we set up a public hearing for the zoning ordinance posted in the municipal office 13 days prior to the hearing and 12 days before in the PPH and shopping guide.
Hold a public hearing on July 9th for zoning ordinance changes. Into the shopping guide twice (06/27 and 07/04) and then in the PPH (06/28 and 07/02) and posted in the town on 06/27.
On page 48, we need to change the number 12 to 9.
On page 88, 9d 1 and 9d 2
Page 53, 6 k change number from 12 to 9
Page 63, 6 j 1 a and b ????
Page 64, 2 g – should say N/A
Page 65, note b – Motion to eliminate and put up as a referendum question and have a public hearing by Joyce. 2nd by Jonathan.
Next meeting: 07/09/12
Motion to adjourn made by Debra at 8:50, seconded by Pete